May 30, 2008

A Bit of Culture

Selamat Siang!

Sorry for the delay on this post. I spent the weekend in Ft. Wayne with Lauren and her family to celebrate her brother's graduation. And then a friend of mine and I celebrated his birthday by camping. But it's not been all fun and games :) I have found some great stuff since then. First is this traditional Indonesian dance:



What I find most interesting about this is the cool running-together of so many different cultures. The music has a hint of Middle Eastern dialect, probably due to the Muslim culture. But the dance and location seem very Polynesian. Anyways, I thought this might provide the opportunity for you to experience some of the culture.

I have also spent some time reading the blog of last year's intern in Calang. He kept a pretty regular account of his time there. I thought reminding you of it might encourage you to check it out :) I can't wait to get to Phoenix for my briefing!

I am set to leave from Indy to Phoenix on the 4th of June (next Wednesday!!!) There I'll spend the week with Ashley and Santi, helping them move into their new house and checking out more of the city. I'm also planning on getting together with the other two guys who are going to Indonesia with FH. That should be a good opportunity to get to know some great men.

Needless to say I'm getting antsy!

Prayers right now are mostly prayers of praise for this opportunity and prayers of preparation. Pray that I would get to Phoenix in one piece. Pray that I would have a great time with the folks at FH headquarters. And pray that God would continue to reveal to me His will through this trip.

Also pray for Ashley and Santi. They're going to have to put up with me for a few days. I think I'll be helping them move, digging some hole for their landscaping...and some other odd jobs they need done around the house. I suppose you could pray that none of us would die from heat exhaustion!

Your partnership is deeply appreciated. And keep the comments coming! I love to read them! If it's easier you can email me at andrewinindo@gmail.com

Peace!

No comments: