July 8, 2008

Letting My 'Yes' Mean 'Yes'

Hello All!

Sorry it has been a few days since my last post...you know how it is :)

I promise, that this is the last time I write a blog promising things to come (I did get some sweet video today that I hope to share soon though...*blush*). From now on I will post the good stuff when I have it...which is not today. Things have been going really well for us here in Calang. I've got lots of 'deep' stuff to process and have been spectacularly busy. So as soon as I get a chance to piece together a few of my thoughts you'll have some more material to chew on!

Maybe my desire to post 'blog worthy' material stems from a proud heart. Or maybe I just love being in contact with my loved ones from home...and when I don't have anything to say I, with mucho enthusiasm, share that I am at LEAST experiencing some 'blog worthy' stuff!!! :)

Since I'm at the internet place for the next 30 minutes, am done with emails, and have nothing 'fully processed' enough to post on here...I want bullet point the last few days or so in prayer request form!

- Wenny: One of our wonderful wonderful staff. She's been given a compassionate heart for the people of Aceh...but a stomach that deals poorly with the stresses that come from ministering here. She's been a bit under the weather recently and would appreciate prayers.

- BAN JIMI!!!!: Definitely the awesomest (Indonesians don't know it's not a real word...) connection I've made thus far. He's been doing wonderful things in a village called 'Genung Menasa'. Pray for Jimi and the women of Genung Menasa as they continue steadfastly in their sewing projects and prepare to plant the small area on either side of the FH building. Jimi wants the building to be an example to the community of a well kept, fully utilized property. So he had each of the beneficiaries bring a potted plant for the front yard and has prepared some of the extra land for a garden. The plan is to plant this Friday. Pray for just enough rain to moisten the ground...but not enough to flood it! Also pray that the hearts of the women. Pray that they would be softened to the gospel message that Jimi lives out for them every weekday. The women of Genung Mensasa (like every local here) are Muslim. Conversion from Islam comes at the risk of being disowned or even killed by your family and community. But all things are possible through Him who strengthens us!

- David (my fellow 'Buleh' intern): David has been a huge encouragement. After reading the previous Indo intern's blog I can really appreciate the availability of a native english speaker for processing the experience. Pray that God would continue to push David and me deeper and deeper into fellowship. We've had some great times of prayer together. Pray that that continues and even becomes more frequent/natural.

- Craig (the 'Buleh' intern in Nias): Craig and his FH team in Nias could definitely use some prayer. His previous blog post (which is linked on the right side of my blog) mentioned some spiritual attacks (nightmares and even physical ailments) that have hit his team recently. In a text message he shared that things have gotten better. Pray that the Lord would continue to shelter and protect Craig and the rest of the FH staff.

- David Chang (our fearless country director): David will be flying into Calang tomorrow (Wed). He will discuss with Pak Udin (base coordinator), Pak Esron (Director of Ag. Programs), Kak Wenny (Finance/Admin), David (Buleh intern #1) and myself (Buleh intern #2) the plans/prospects for the future of FH Indonesia. In a previous post I briefly explained the dilemma we're facing here. Find a way to financially support our work when Indonesian Government funding leaves or pack up and head out with the other NGOs. There have been some frustrating communication issues surrounding the planning of our next steps. So I think that Pak David aims to eliminate those by coming directly to Calang. It will be a busy day filled with information. Pray for safe travels for Pak David. Also pray for unity in heart, mind, and communication for our team here. Pray that Kak Wen wouldn't get too stressed when she hears the word "co-op" ;) and that God would use this time to generate some ideas for 'next steps'. Also pray that we would be diligent in covering the time in prayer.

Ok, that's all for now! Oh...it looks like it might storm outside and we still have to motor bike it home from the internet place. Pray that we stay dry!!!!

I love you all and hope to post again soon!!!

Check out the last paragraph of Acts 2 when you get the chance. And Sim, congrats on Isaac's baptism :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I liked this entry. Oh and it's the 8th ;)

SendingBenjamin said...

Hey Hey!

:) I'm so happy for you brother, for real! I can't wait to have our story time in a few weeks. For real the first Tuesday night we're in B-Town ;)

Know I'm praying for ya!

Mrs.S said...

Hey Andrew...I am enjoying your posts and glad to hear you are doing well! We are thinking of you and praying for you daily. See you soon!