September 2, 2008

Settling In

Selamat Pagi Teman-Temanku di Indonesia!

Saya sudah pulong ke Indiana dan sekarang sudah siap untuk sekola. Hari ini, classes begin.

I am taking:

Classical Political Thought, Economic History of the United States, Public Finance and Government Spending, Health Economics, and the Politics of Genocide.

It will be a busy semester with lots of reading. But I am really excited to start!

Adik RRRRRRRRRRRRia!!!! I forgot to mention your name in my last email to Kak Wen...sorry :P I know what you are thinking... "Andrew, why are you so kind???" :)

It sounds like things are going well in Calang. Congratulations to Esron for the opportunity to lead the project in Setia Bakti! I pray that it goes well for you.

Ronal, my brother, I hear you are still alone out in Lhok Gelumpang. I am there with you in spirit! Maybe you can leave the light on when you go to bed to remind yourself of my time out in Lhok Gelumpang, haha! Say hello to Mamak for me. And if the workers from Java are still there (doing "blasting") tell them I said "apa kabar!"

I would love to hear from the rest of you. I will email you all individually soon.

Jadi Bang Jim! I have a friend here in Bloomington named Jimi. He is Indonesian too. So I can still say 'Jadi Bang Jim!!!!' :) I hope your mom and "HORAS Rooooooooose Marie HORAS" enjoyed those videos!

Pray for me as I begin my semester! I hope to do well in school this year. Also pray for David Strivings. It sounds like he has a mild case of typhoid over there in Nias.

I miss you all and look forward to hearing back from you!!!!

In His Love,
Andrew

No comments: