May 18, 2008

Light Hearted but Heavy on the Ears

This afternoon when we got back from church I sat down at the computer to go through what Lauren and I call "the routine". I check my email...peruse Facebook a bit...and then usually check out the FH website for any disaster updates, especially with the recent cyclone in Myanmar and Earthquake in China.

Once I'm through meandering...I like to look up resources for Indonesia. Today I found something particularly entertaining and surprisingly practical. As I am expanding my Indonesian vocabulary (slowly but surely) I have begun training my ear to hear the subtleties in the language that can be readily used to pick out common words.

A Google search of "bahasa Indonesia" which literally means Indonesian language returned the following reel of cartoon clips which are, I believe dubbed over in Indonesian.



Enjoy!

2 comments:

SendingBenjamin said...

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=Sinchan+english&sitesearch=


:)

I've showen you this show before - believe it or not!

<3 ya!

Mrs.S said...

So I am a little slow and just now realized you had a blog. You are a cool kid. I am excited for your visit.

Love,
Sis