June 9, 2008

This is It!

Today was my first (of 3) day of training with FH. AWWWWWWESOME! I don't think I can put in words my excitement for this summer, this adventure, this organization...this family.

Training was fairly typical 'first day of training' stuff. We did a little meet and greet with the rest of the interns. Rest assured that I am in some pretty incredible company. Then we went through a breakdown of the vision and mission statements of FH. After lunch we crossed over a bit of red tape 'sexual harassment seminar' etc and then had a Q&A with last year's Indo intern, David Curtis.

Throughout the day I couldn't help but smile. Imagine, going to work in the morning (ok, so maybe I'm a little ahead of myself...imagine going to intern training) and praying over lunch, discussing with your colleagues Biblical conflict resolution, and reading Micah 6:8 on an arched entry way as you head out of the building.

I love FH...and today solidified the confidence I have in the way I fit with this organization.

It is my hope that this bit of gushing over FH and the experience that I've had thus far will comfort those who worry about me (*ehem*, mom :) ) and encourage my other supporters.

Tomorrow is another day of training and then dinner at the house of FH's vice president. And then Wednesday, more training during the day, dinner with our wonderful support team...then off to Indo Wednesday evening.

I'm not sure that I will have a chance to post again before I leave. So this will be goodbye for now. As soon as I get a chance I will send you a hello from Indo!

The other international interns will be heading out within the next few days as well. And the domestic interns start officially on Wednesday. Please pray for safe travels for those who are leaving and a good start for those who are staying. Also pray for the hearts of all of us interns. A consistent theme today was that we are going to be challenged and changed. Pray that God would soften our hearts to His people, open our eyes to His world, and lift our teachable spirits for His glory.

Thank you all so much for your support. It's been such a blessing sharing this experience with so many different people who have played such varying roles in my life. I love you all and can't wait to update you from Calang!

Until then, grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ!!!

Oh, and for some bathroom reading...check out this publication printed by FH in 2006. The cover story is on Meulaboh, Indonesia, a place I am likely to visit. It's kind of tricky to navigate but if you head to pages 10-14 you'll find the story I'm talking about :) Enjoy!

3 comments:

paulh said...

andrew, i love you and especially your passion for our Lord. be blessed, my friend :)

Anonymous said...

Andrew, we have really enjoyed your time spent here. We (along with Palm Valley Church) are praying for your trip and the work you will be doing in Indonesia. Be safe, be blessed, and we are looking forward to your safe return:) Love you!

Ashley and Santiago

Anonymous said...

hi andrew,
Such a wonderful time you seem to be having in Indonesia.I bet you feel like living in the lost horizon.he he he!I Had wonderful time reading your blog.Hey guy , you are in my league.Wish you would have made it to my MOM'S birthday in Manila.it was a blast.
Auntie Melita