April 25, 2008

Anticipation Rising

It has been a little while since my last post and a LOT has happened. Finals week has arrived in a hurry. And with this week comes the hustle and bustle of final papers and exam prep. But as an FH intern that's not ALL that's coming due.

I received an email this morning notifying me that $2,500 of my support is due 6 days sooner than I originally thought. Needless to say I spent all morning scrambling about putting the finishing touches on my support letters! Hopefully you all will be receiving one soon!

Admittedly I am about 1,000 times more excited about my trip now than when things first started happening. I have a better understanding of where I am going and who will be there when I get there. Last night I asked Lauren to say something in Indonesian. I can't wait to start learning the language! I have also made plans to head out to Phoenix about a week before I have to be there for training. I will be staying with Ashley and Santi, and have arranged to meet up with last year's FH Indonesia intern, who now works for FH in their main office. He said that we could do lunch and he would introduce me around at the office. I think I'm really going to like this organization.

I have also been Googling Calang, Indonesia like its my job! I'm so anxious to learn about the area, and the people...their culture, their langauge, their geography...their lives! *Sigh*

Until next time here is an insightful article published in 2005 by the Washington Post.

No comments: